Archive for the ‘Music’ Category
Out of boredom I went on youtube and watched some of my favorite music videos. Then it gave me an idea for my blog topic of today. Since I already wrote one about songs that I have to jam to in my share time. This one is about love songs.
You know how you hear a love song and you feel like it’s talking about you? Well, these are the songs that I believe describe my feelings for my boyfriend, who I love to death.
1. I’ll Be by Edwin McCain
2. These Are the Times by Dru Hill
3. Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
4. The Only Exception by Paramore
5. I Knew I Loved you by Savage Garden
6. Weak by SWV
7. A Thousand Years by Christina Perri
8. Hanging by a Moment by Lifehouse
9. For You I Will by Teddy Geiger
10. Back at One by Brian McKnight
11. All My Life by KC & JoJo
12. No Air by Jordin Sparks feat. Chris Brown
13. Smile by Uncle Kracker
14. Stereo Hearts by Gym Class Heroes feat. Adam Levine
15. When You’re Gone by Avril Lavigne
Yeah, I admit it. I get a little mushy sometimes. At least I’m not afraid to admit that I’m a romantic and that I have the ability to love unconditional. These songs speak to me. What do they say to you?
Have you guys ever heard a song and no matter where you are whether it’s at home, at some club or even in a department store, you just have the suddenly urges to dance? Yeah, a lot of people kind of look at me weird when I start jamming to the music their playing in the store but I don’t care.
These are songs that always come to mind if I feel listening to something with a good beat.
1. Into the Night by Santana featuring Chad Kroeger
2. Club Can’t Handle Me by Flo Rida
3. Accidentally in Love by Counting Crows
4. We Are Who We Are by Kesha
5. Last Friday Night by Katy Perry
6. Skater Boy by Avril Lavigne
7. Dynamite by Taio Cruz
8. Jet Lag by Simple Plan
9. Give it Up to Me by Sean Paul featuring Keyshia Cole
10. I Love Rock and Roll by Joan Jett
I have a thousand songs that I like dancing to but these are my top ten for sure. All I’m saying if it feels good, why fight it?
Last night I went down to Oceanside where Glassless Minds, a group of local poets, were having one of their open mics. I’ve been part of this group for over a year and they are nicest people I’ve ever met. They always have special guests to perform toward the end of the night. They’ve had poets like Nick Macedo or Rudy Franciso perform. Those guys are awesome. This time they’ve invited Raelee Nikole, a singer/songwriter from San Diego.
I really like this girl. She has a lot of talent for someone so young. I managed to grab one of her CDs as I headed out. Once I started listening to it, I haven’t been able to stop. I love the first track “Pouring Down”. I keep hiting repeat on that one. Track two, “Little Secret” is pretty cathy. I like her style. It kind of reminds me of Colbie Calliat and Sara Bareilles a little bit. Everyone has their own way to express themselves. Painting, poetry, photography, writing etc. For Raelee, it’s music and this girl is truly an artist.
If you guys are interested in listening to Raelee’s music go to her website http://www.raeleenikole.com, or youtube, or check her out on facebook.