Archive for the ‘Poetry’ Category
Hey guys! I just wanted you all to know that I posted up one of my newest blogs a couple of week ago. It’s called “The Poetry Baker”, which is all my original poems. Poems like:
1. Raving Lunatic, How I Love You So
2. Relationship Remix
3. Waiting for No One
4. The Blame Game
5. A Letter to the Boy Who Lived
6. Death by Friendship
7. Poetically Real
8. Caffeine Nightingale
9. Status Quo
10. Handle with Care
11. Apologizing with a Vengeance
12. Color Blind
13. Hand Me Down Ruby Slippers
14. Sane as a Hatter
15. The Ranting of a Pissed Off Voodoo Doll
16. Butter Flavored Bullets
17. 3 Small Words
18. Forgive or Forget
19. I Must Confess
20. Poetic Gladiator
And I’m working on even more poems as we speak. So stop and let me know what you think.
Wow! I feel honored for being nominated for this award. I just want to say thank you to sashabella (the dancing nerd writes again). It’s been a while I’ve been nominated for anything. I think it’s because I’ve been posting up a lot these days. Here are the rules for the award.
1. Thank the person who nominated you
2. Tell the world 7 things about yourself that you have not yet shared
-I’m afraid of heights. High places really scare me and I can only go if I’m with someone or if I know for sure it’s safe.
-I hate the taste of coconut. One time I tried an Almond Joy and it tasted awful and I’ve hated it ever since.
-When I was a kid I watched the Child’s Play movies and I got really scared of Chucky. I was so freaked out, that when I went into a toy store and saw the My Buddy dolls and run the other away because I was scared it would come to life and stab me to death.
-I love French Fries! I just can’t enough of them.
-I’ve never been in an accident in my life. I mean, sure I’ve fallen down and scraped my knee nothing serious, but I’ve never broken any bones or shit like that.
-When I was ten I used to have a huge crush on Jim Carrey
-I like to dance to music videos on youtube.
3. Nominate 7 fellow bloggers and let them know
– Viral Infection
-My Voyage Through Time
-Kira Moore’s Closet
-The Dark End of the Street
Congratulations to all the nominees. I always enjoy visiting your blogs and reading about your topic of the day. You guys deserve it.
I was nominated for this award a while back and I’ve forgotten all about it.
I would like to thank Worshipful Heart for the nomination.
There are few rules I have to follow, like nominate 10 other bloggers and answer a few questions.
1. Vampire Weather
2. My Voyage Through Time
3. Verse Not Prose
4. The Poetic Goblin
5. Angel Takes Flight
6. My thoughts I can’t Decode
7. Clown Rhymes
9. Art Epiphany
1. Favorite Color: Red, but mostly winter colors
2. Favorite Animal: dogs and owls
3. Favorite Number: I like even numbers
4. Favorite Drink: Coke
5. Facebook or Twitter: I just got into Twitter about a year ago, but I’m more into Facebook because my friends are on there and you’re more connected to things
6. My passions: Movies. Taking pictures. Writing. Traveling. Music. Reading. Graphic Novels.
7. Getting or Giving Presents: Getting presents is nice but I like giving presents a lot more. Seeing the look on the person’s face when they open their gift makes me feel good about myself because I’m the reason why they are smiling.
8. Favorite Pattern: Stripes
9. Favorite Day of the Week: Friday
10. Favorite Flower: Gerber Daisy
Okay, so with this award there are no rules. However I would like to say thank you to Felicia (My Voyage Through Time) for the nomination. I didn’t know what I exactly did but thanks all the same.
Also I would like nominated a few other bloggers I think deserve this award just as much as I do.
1. Vampire Weather
2. Verse Not Prose
3. Banana Feed
4. Unwrittentruth’s Blog
5. worshipful heart
6. A Glass of Bubbly
Thanks guys! I couldn’t have done it without you. Take care.
The Rules are:
1. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them
2. Reveal your Top 5 picks for the award and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog
3. Post the award on your blog
4. Bask in the love from the most supportive people on the blogsphere, other bloggers
5. Have fun and spread the karma
I would like to thank the wonderful What We Dawn for nominating me for this a reward.
Under the Fallen Leaves
The Poetic Goblin
Thank you to everyone that took the time to visit my blog. Your comments are the reason why I keep writing. Much love to all of you 🙂
I wanted to say thank you to Nae’s Nest for nominating me. This is the second award I’ve been nominated for this week. Wow!
Okay here are the rules on how to nominate and get awarded:
1. Thank the award giver and link back to them in your post
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading
4. Contact your bloggers to let them know about the award
So here are 7 things about myself.
1. I love writing stories, fanfiction, poetry, personal journals, and pretty much anything I can think of. I have a lot of ideas in my head
2. When I’m not writing I like to go to the movies, hang out with friends, read, travel, photography
3. I love taking pictures, especially of people wearing costumes at events like Comic Con. I’m a real shutter bug
4. I’ve been to a lot of places over the years: Hawaii, London, Paris, New York, New Mexico, Canada, Disney World and Australia
5. I like to collect things. I collect Christmas ornaments and novelty pins (you know with the goofy pictures or weird sayings on them, I have over 1,000 buttons)
6. I like to read science-fiction books and also gravel novels (like X-Men, Batman to name a few) and manga (like Death Note).
7. My top five places I want to visit before I die: India, Ireland, New Orleans, The Philippines and Verona
Now it’s time to nominate the ones I think are deserving of this award.
1. Snippets and Glimpses
2. Good Morning C-Town
4. Source of Inspiration
5. Vampire Weather
6. Art Epiphany
8. Brooklyn Bloke
9. The Fire in My Eyes
11. Matt & The Art of Motion Pictures
12. The College Life
13. The Poetic Goblin
15. A. W. Omyn: Writing Adventures
I hope you like the nominations. You guys really deserve it. Take care and have a Happy New Year too!
I would like to say thank you to trinzic for nominating me for the 7×7 Link Award! I haven’t been blogging here long but I hear it’s a big honor. When I first joined this site I didn’t expect my blog to make any kind of impact whatsoever. I’m just a simple California girl, who enjoys writing about…pretty much anything. From stories, poetry, journals, blogs, the list goes on and on because I have so many ideas going on in my head that I have to write them all down.
Okay, first things first. There are three parts to doing this and the first part involves me telling everyone something that no one else knows about. So here goes.
When I was in pre-school I was the odd girl out. I was always talking to myself (I was going over story ideas out loud) or sitting quietly in class. I was pretty shy and I didn’t know how to act around the other kids. Yet it didn’t stop the kids from making fun of me. Even when I tried to be more outgoing the kids still made fun of me because they thought I was weird.
One day it was raining and the kids wanted to play outside. We were stoking wet, but we didn’t care, we were having so much fun. One of my classmates wanted to play hide and seek. As she counted to ten we all ran and tried to find a hiding place. I was hiding under this big wooden jungle gym. I called it The Giant Wooden Castle because it had so many slides and little rooms that you can play in. It was the best jungle gym I’ve ever seen. I was hiding for a good ten minutes until I figured out no one was coming for me. When I came out, it was raining cats and dogs. I found my classmates back in the classroom, laughing and playing without a care in the world. I felt like such an idiot. Those little bastards forgot about me. I was a five-years-old and they just left me out there in the rain.
This was the first of many incidents where I was picked on for being different. It took me years to finally find myself. I’ve come along way from the shy little girl in pre-school that get left out in the rain.
Okay, next is part two. I have to list seven of blogs for various reasons.
1. Most Beautiful Piece: All Hail Thor
2. Most Helpful Piece: Gaslight Gathering Steampunk Convention 2011
3. Most Popular Piece: The Hangover 2: The Wolfpack is Back
4. Most Controversial Piece: X-Men Prequel Has Class
5. Most Surprisingly Successful Piece: Status Quo
6. Most Underrated Piece: The Blame Game
7. Most Pride Worthy Piece: Death by Friendship
And finally I have to nominate 7 bloggers who I feel deserve this award. Despite being busy with their own blogs they take the time to visit mine and this my way of saying thank you.
Ryan Allen Kelly
The Poetic Goblin
A. W. Omyn: Writing Adventures
The Gentleman’s Harvest
Where We Dawn
Matt & the Art of Motion Pictures